Our Commitment to You
On behalf of our entire Earls family, I want to take a moment to thank you for your extraordinary support. Over the past weeks and months we have faced some of the most difficult challenges any of us have ever experienced and yet, together, we have found a path through this crisis: we’ve kept our kitchens open through our expanded takeout offering, our Earls Grocery program, and our at-home cocktail and chef kits. Some of you have joined our online wine school, others have simply written to us with words of encouragement. I can say with all sincerity that although we’re far apart, we’ve never felt closer to our guests.
As cities and provinces share their plans to reopen, I wanted to update you on our own plans for opening the doors to our locations. I simply cannot stress enough the importance of your health and safety, and that of our employees. As we slowly start to open our doors, every decision we make will be with this in mind. Throughout this crisis we have followed the guidance of our local health authorities and we will continue to look to these authorities for guidance as we move forward over the coming weeks and months.
Your local Earls will reopen only when governments and public health authorities deem it safe to do so. When they do, we will be following enhanced safety measures across all locations. Nothing is more important to us than your safety and security and to that end, we will be practicing the following safety measures, building upon the rigorous and strict sanitation standards already in place. This is by no means an exhaustive list but includes the following:
- Masks will be worn by employees at all times within the restaurant and all employees will follow strict hygiene protocol at all times
- All employees will undergo health checks before entering the restaurant. If they present signs of illness they will not enter the building
- Stringent Hygiene Protocol training has been implemented for all employees
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be provided to all guests upon arrival and all guests visiting our restaurants will be required to use hand sanitizer prior to entering
- Groups will be sat six feet apart with a maximum of 6 people per table both in the restaurant and on patios
- All surfaces within the restaurant will be sanitized thoroughly between each use
- Washrooms will be sanitized every 15 minutes
- Single use menus will be provided or if guests prefer, they can view our entire menu online at earls.ca
- All guests will be asked to maintain physical distancing (6 feet apart)
Beach House Restaurant must retain contact information of one member of every party in the event that there is a need for contact tracing on the part of the medical health officer. To meet this requirement, Beach House will record guest contact information when you arrive.
We know that these measures will make dining in our restaurants look a little different than it used to, but our commitment to providing you with the fresh, delicious food that you know and love remains unchanged. For those of you who aren’t ready to dine with us just yet, you can still enjoy our full Earls At Home offering. If and when you choose to dine at our restaurants again, we want you to know that we will do everything we can to make you feel just as safe with us as you do at home.
Our guests and employees are an extension of our family and our business is nothing without our community. I want to thank you for your unwavering support during these unprecedented times. We hope to see you again soon.
Mo Jessa, President